Thursday 29 October 2009

Clarity of vision, personal happiness and easing through the pain barriers

I think this is the longest gap between entries since I began this blog - and I said initially that my intention was to add to it daily! Notwithstanding the gap I hope that my thoughts and reflections are still of some use to the faithful souls who are still following, despite my recent tardiness!

I am now back into a regular work pattern. Overall I am enjoying this greatly and the daily contact with friends and colleagues in a working environment has certain been conducive to accelerating my recovery. I am continuing to run 4 miles everyday. My most pertient observation about physical fitness is nothing new - as I have mentioned in previous blogs the effects on the mind are as positively dramatic as they are on the body. I have still managed to hold onto this despite a short enforced lay off due to a niggly injury.

As I have continued to improve so has my vision and my perspective. I find that I can 'see' so much more clearly, metaphorically speaking. If there is one inherent difficulty it is that such 'vision' has enabled me to see things I could not see before I went into hospital. Some of those things, I now 'see', were contributory factors in becoming ill. However, this is all essentially positive. Clear vision is the best groundframe for positive and constructive thinking and problem solving, even though it does mean that some pain barriers have to be gone through. Nevertheless, as politicians have been wont to remind us throughout history, 'no pain no gain'!

I no longer look at my finances every five minutes, that awful checking and re-checking, so characteristic of anankastic personailty types, but so utterly demoralising and counter-productive to a recovering mental health patient. In fact I am delighted to be able to disclose that today is the first time this week I have checked closely my current account and this only to check the remaining balance before pay day tomorrow! Happy days!

There may be pain barriers ahead but I am confident that I can tackle them 'head on' having recently found my way to better health, much more personal happiness and overall contentment as a result.

No comments:

Post a Comment