Wednesday 14 October 2009

Progress = small steps + abject exhaustion

A brief update on going back to work. My CPN and consultant have encouraged me to see returning to work part-time as another element of my therapy. I am not entirely sure how therapeutic my in-tray and e-mail inbox are but, for now, I will take their word for it!

I hope that if there are fellow mental health patients following this blog that they will be encouraged that normality can creep back. There have been times when the light at the end of my proverbial tunnel has been almost imperceptible but it is much clearer, larger and brighter now.

I am not naive, for I know that there is so much work remaining to be done and it will take many months and probably longer. But there is encouragement in progress, however slight, and whilst my anxiety levels are still, sometimes, crippling high, I observe positive movement in my own recovery.

Sometimes small steps cause abject exhaustion but small steps they are, and progress they nevertheless represent.

No comments:

Post a Comment