Wednesday 14 July 2010

Falling off my bike again!

I managed to kick start my blog again only to find recently I have been really struggling again and just couldn't manage it. I am still struggling and that's the long and short of it. I am going to try to keep going, to exercise some level of control over the things that I currently find so distressing, and also with this blog. If you are still following please be patient with me.

I will add a couple more things. Recovering from a serious mental health episode is like learning to ride a bicycle all over again. Having learned, it doesn't mean you don't fall off again from time to time. Sometimes the ground you fall on is relatively soft, at other times it is gravel. Lately I have had a lot of gravel rash.

I have also learned that because you 'appear' to be better others assume you are 'completely' better. As a Doctor friend of mine said to me last week, an episode of poor mental health is the broken bone you can't see.

When I started to blog I promised to be open and honest. So, right now I am struggling and I am unhappy. I hope it is a blip albeit a rather large one. Time will tell. Right now I feel very vulnerable, mostly because of the way my employers are handling me and they are certainly not listening. If you have had similar experiences please do e-mail me or leave a comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment