Friday 6 September 2013

Change and happiness

I've just read an interesting article on the BBC Magazine website which says, in a nutshell, that the key to happiness is embracing change.

Having had a bit of a rant (at least that's the way I read back over it) in my last post on Wednesday I thought I would add this more positive perspective.


In that wonderful film The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel Maggie Smith plays Muriel Donnelly, an elderly lady recovering from a hip replacement operation she had whilst in India.  She is a forthright and determined lady who says little but misses nothing.  At the end of this inspiring film she looks up from her wheelchair and says (I am paraphrasing) 'things don't normally work out how we intend them to but what happens instead is all the good stuff'.

Amen to that!  Perhaps accepting that and the concomitant principle 'embracing change is the key to happiness' can bring more contentment than we could possibly imagine.  I hope so and I will try and trust those who have been kind enough to advise me that this certainly has been their experience.


1 comment:

  1. "Life is all about how you handle Plan B"...Good luck :)

    ReplyDelete