Tuesday 15 September 2009

That smile has gone

Today's blog is short but it is also sad. I found out yesterday that a young woman who was in hospital at the same time as me (earlier this year) has died. She smiled so much of the time and even on her bad days she always gave me a warm and cheeky smile which cheered up my darkest moments. I wish I had managed to be so gracious in return but I freely confess I often just couldn't do it.

I don't know much about her tragic and untimely death (she was, I seem to remember only 30) but a mutual friend told me it was thought to be natural causes. What I do know is that even when she had almost no reserves of her own she touched my life and the lives of so many others and enriched us all in consequence.

I am a Christian and I do believe in a better life to come. I reckon her smile will now be brightening up everybody's day 'up there' and I pray, quite sincerely, that she is now at peace. For the time being though, we are sure going to miss her.

No comments:

Post a Comment