Tuesday 30 August 2011

Little victories and small steps

I am being rather naughty!  My work computer is (for some unexplained reason) blocked from accessing this blogging site but I've managed to circumvent the system - I'm not a geek but I'm quite pleased to have scored a little victory.  I hope others can do the same to read this blog and gain some insight, reassurance and support from it.

I am back at work after a three week break and finding it very difficult.  My personal confidence has gone AWOL and I am feeling very low.  Later on I will go for my run and hope that, like yesterday, this will pick me up a bit.  For now I am struggling again and that in itself is depressing as on a day like today my anxieties are tangible and potent.

In the meantime I am going to spend the day trying to achieve little victories, like breaking through an IT cordon and feeling good after my run.  Perhaps it's a timely reminder not to get so anxious (as I do terribly) about the future as this usually 'comes out in the wash' but to take one small step at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment